The Gold Standard in Hepcidin measurement
Very good correlation with SELDI-TOF-MS
The DRG Hepcidin 25 (bioactive) HS ELISA kit is a solid phase enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) based on the competitive principle.
Hepcidin-25 bioactive assay characteristics:
- Assay Principle: Competitive ELISA
- Dynamic range: 0.135 – 81 ng/mL
- Total assay time: 110 minutes
- Sample volume: 20 µL Serum or Plasma (EDTA, Citrate, Heparin)
- Mean Intra Assay precision: 5.5 %
- Mean Inter Assay precision: 12.5 %
- Analytical sensitivity: 0.135 ng/mL
Serum Hepcidin-25 has been shown to add value to identify and differentiate specific disease conditions. Hepcidin deficiency causes hereditary hemochromatosis, characterized by body iron overload that may progress to liver cirrhosis.
In addition, low Hepcidin-25 concentration can be induced by iron loading anemias and chronic hepatitis C. In contrast, high Hepcidin-25 levels have been found in iron-refractory iron-deficiency anemia, during infection, chronic kidney disease, and after intensive exercise, explaining the high iron deficiency among athletes.
Advantages of this DRG ELISA:
- Straight forward and easy assay procedure (no extraction or centrifugation)
- User friendly: no shaker or incubator required
- Total assay time < 2 hours
- Two controls included in the kit
- High sensitivity
- High specificity
- Very Good correlation with SELDI-TOF-MS
- Many awarded patents (refer to list on the right), more